Most of all, when it comes to planning your big day, don’t leave your make-up to chance.
- Hold a make-up trial. Make sure that you allow time to a re-trial if you change your mind about anything before the wedding date.
- Ask to see images without retouching or before-and-after pictures. Your professional photos may be retouched, but your make up needs to look perfect in person too.
- See real bride photos. A make-up look on a model may not translate the same on you.
- Choose a look that you feel comfortable with. If you’re not used to wearing false lashes, try individual lashes. Alternatively, practice wearing false lashes until you are comfortable with them.
- DON’T leave it too late to book your wedding make-up artist. Some make-up artists are booked 5-6 months in advance of busy wedding periods like during the summer.
- DON’T be afraid to experiment with different looks at the make-up trial. It’s not every day that you have a full make-up artist’s kit to play with. Be bold, you might just surprise yourself!